Tuesday, December 31, 2013

YA Displays

December's YA display, Walk A While in Their Shoes, featured contemporary realistic fiction, biographies, and autobiographies:

What I Did
Using Sharpie markers, I drew stars on an old pair of my Converse. Looking around, I found a scrap piece of black construction paper and laid it over the library's cutting board. From there, I took a couple of pictures from various angles and tweaked the images using Instagram. The lettering, which didn't turn out all that well, was done via freehand. Overall, putting this display together didn't take very long and the cost was minimal.


 

As a result of this display, I checked out Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan and Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.

//

January's YA display, Books with a Bang, features books with at least one explosion within the story -- idea compliments of Guys Read author Jon Scieszka:

What I Did
Once again, the lettering and two dynamite sticks were done via freehand using white printer paper, red construction paper, and crayons.

No comments:

Post a Comment