Sunday, September 15, 2013

Life in Pictures

Life has been pretty busy, so I think a picture post is in order...

Work Life
I've been helping out the assistant director with preparations for the upcoming story hours by pulling together some of the children's crafts:
Felt bookmarks for the kids to decorate
A bit of humor. Allegedly, the book is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix -- my favorite Potter book:
I really do love my co-workers at CADL
I have been working on weeding my way through the 800s -- truly an honor to work with that part of the collection. (Sorry about the slightly blurred picture):

After a rather long shift at CADL, I noticed this awesome mural for the first time while waiting for the light to change:

I snapped this panoramic on my way home from work:

Displays: I have been working on two upcoming YA displays: graphic novels and CADL's version of United States of YA: Reading Your Way Across America.

Life Outside of Work
Since I never leave home without a book, I happened to have my copy of Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson with me when I toured the Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park:


While out surveying the township's back roads, I snapped a couple of pictures on McPherson Road:

Doing some reading up on the Open Meetings Act and public comment practices before September's township board meeting:
And, yes, that is *my* copy of Robert's Rules of Order: leather with gold edging
I am such a nerd that I get excited over seeing binding marks -- first edition of a A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle:

My amazing niece turned 22 on Thursday. Since she is a traveler and I am a librarian, I couldn't resist:

No comments:

Post a Comment